TWISTERBOX LAYER FORMATION SYSTEMS
The Twisterbox is a system which carries out the continuos layer formation. This system comprises a series of robotic arms equipped with special pliers that move in accordance with a predetermined specific programme so as to position the packs in a way to form a complete layer. The layer is then subsequently transferred to the palletiser.
This system may be used in all sectors of the beverage and food industry. Thanks to the incredible flexibility and speed of the system, the Twisterbox can manipulate almost every type of container, pack, PET bottles, Lt. 10 bottles, glass bottles, bottles in cluster, cans, packs of cans, hi-cone cans, jars, glass containers, plastic crates, etc. At the moment there are no limitations to its use, the Twisterbox may be programmed depending on the product that is to be handled and the requirement and composition of the layer. The machine is usually placed in front of the palletiser or robot allowing them to work together. Depending on the speed requested, the machine is equipped with one or two modules and associated with a palletiser or robot that has the same production capacity (the module is a single arm with one gripping head mechanism). The Twisterbox systems that are currently functioning handle over 200 different formats.
Acmi patented the Twisterbox system in 2002, revolutionising the method of "layer formation". The machine has been constantly improved both electronically and mechanically over the years. The experience gained from the numerous installations is a concrete advantage for the customer. Today the Twisterbox presents itself with a new external structure which facilitates the operators access, another change regards the use of special material for the construction of the pliers, which are capable of moving even more rapidly inside the work area. The format change over operation is carried out exclusively on a software basis, without any manual intervention both regarding the pliers or the machine structure. Furthermore, Acmi uses components which are easily found on the market place even by the customer helping everyday maintenance and reducing waiting time for spare parts components.
- Possibility to position the pack so that the desired side is positioned externally and is visible
- Perfect rotation of the product without shock
- Multiliner function, ideal to prepare layers with different products
- The possibility of handling products with particular form and sensitive contents
- Reduced maintenance
- Ample flexibility, the Twisterbox is ideal for both high and low production levels
In 2011 Acmi introduced an interesting version called “TT” (Twisterbox Twin) where two twin pliers are mounted on the same robotised arm substantially reducing the overall machine dimensions especially with the Compakt palletiser configuration. The Models that are currently available are:
- Twisterbox with one, two or three modules which respectively have one, two or three selecting pliers
- Twisterbox Twin with one or two modules and which respectively mount two or four selecting pliers.
The layer formation system must be associated with an Acmi palletiser. The choice of palletiser and its subsequent Twisterbox configuration either one, two or three modules depending on the customers production required. The following are a summary of the main possible configurations:
- Very high speed (ideal for can lines): Twisterbox 3 modules + high level infeed palletiser Mod. Faster HS
- High speed: Twisterbox 2 modules + palletiser with double mobile layer Mod. Thunder
- Medium/high speed: Twisterbox 2 modules + palletiser with high level infeed Mod. Rasar P135
- Medium/low speed: Twisterbox 2 modules + robot palletiser Mod. Condor (ideal for multiliner configurations
- Medium/low speed: Twisterbox 1 module + palletiser Mod. Rasar P136
Furthermore, thanks to the new “Compakt” series of palletisers Acmi offers new palletising solutions which already include the Twisterbox and Twisterbox Twin layer formation system.