Easypack is a packaging system which does not use either glue or shrink wrapping for creating packs products. Easypack forms packs using special bands of extensible material called “sleeve” which are inserted around the product to be packed. The group of products formed in this way are defined as multipack.
Easypack is used in all cases where it is necessary to pack together two or more products to form packs of 2, 4 or 6 units that are subsequently called bipack, fourpack and sixpack. The machine reaches speeds that allow it to be applied to a modern bottling line and carries out the same function as a shrink wrapper, with a different technology and noticeable advantages in terms of costs and maintenance.
The machine may be composed of two, three or four modules, each capable of housing an application head. The application heads may be of three types:
Application head for bipack (two products)
Application head for fourpack (four products)
Application head for sixpack (six products)
The choice of which type of head to apply depends of the packaging and production requirements, the speed of every head is 60 packs per minute. The application of the “sleeve” is carried out in a continuous manner with a fluid and constant movement, the height is defined and regulated based on the working program and the product to be packed.
Easypack may be connected directly to the Viper handle applicator, without the need of any intermediate conveyors, in this way forming and exceptional system in terms of space occupied and functions carried out. The application of the handle, which may be completely printed and personalised, helps the final consumer to transport the packs in the retail outlets and may be applied to all the different types of packs: bipack, fourpack and sixpack.
- Great flexibility in packaging thanks to the possibility of creating packs with two, four or six products
- Possibility of completely personalising the “sleeve” which may be printed along all of its length
- Improved presentation and appearance of product in the retail outlet
- Application without the use of glue or heat
- With respect to a shrink wrapper the elimination of the heat generated during the shrink wrapping phase results in overall benefits to the environment making it a more comfortable workplace
- Reduction in space occupied
- Compared to the use of a shrink wrapper there is a reduction in purchasing costs, maintenance and overall functioning costs
- Simplicity in use and reduced maintenance