Fenix is the name of the Acmi shrinkwrapper line. These machines have the task of packaging together more than one unit of product using either film or appropriate trays. The product packaged in such a way forms "packs" which are then passed onto the palletising phase.
The packaging phase can be carried out using four different systems: by means of film, flat interlayer together with film, by means of trays and lastly trays combined with film. Using the best solution for each appropriate case, the Fenix shrinkwrapper is capable of packing almost any type of container of either the beverage or food sector, for example, PET bottles in any shape or dimension, cans, jars etc. The shrinkwrapper is an important and indeed indispensable machine for the correct handling of any container, when exiting from the filling phase, needs to be grouped and joined in a correct manner. This procedure improves obviously, the stocking and warehousing of the product and also the visibility on the shop shelf and the various distribution outlets.
Acmi projects and constructs high efficiency shrinkwrappers. High production rates (over 200 packs a minute, robust structure, reliability and a prompt after sales service, theses are the characteristics that distinguish the Fenix product range. The projection of this machine is entrusted to a team which is entirely dedicated to the development of this sole machine. This guarantees the customer the certainty that they are buying a machine leader in its sector, updated on a regular basis both in terms of software and mechanics. Acmi is also very aware of the requirements of the production line operators that run the machine. This is outlined looking at the control panel (touch screen type) which the machines are equipped with, allowing easy access for carrying out interventions on an everyday basis and simplified format changeover interventions. Thanks to the choice of choosing high quality standard components Acmi can guarantee that both ordinary and extra ordinary maintenance procedures are carried out in an autonomous manner even in cases of urgent interventions.
- The use of chains and material which do not require lubrication, resulting in reduction of maintenance costs
- Film run simplified (increased efficiency, less maintenance)
- The change over format is characterised by simple and fast operations
- The film wrapping device is electronically controlled in order to register any blockages and guarantees rapid machine re-start
- Oven low energy consumption resistances
- In the event of a black out, blockage or start-up, the machines do not require re-phasing and are immediately ready to restart production
- Ventilated conveyors at the exit of the oven
- The projection specifications allow one type of motor and inverter to be used on the entire machine, reducing the amount of spares necessary in the customers warehouse
The oven is one of the principle components of the shrinkwrapper. An electronic system controls the igniting of the electric resistance of the oven to maximise the efficiency. The electric resistances work in an alternate manner guaranteeing reliability and duration in time. In the event of an anomaly of one of the resistances, the electronic system compensates for the damaged resistance with those that are left functioning correctly. The access to the resistances for maintenance purposes is guaranteed by a practical carter system which allows them to be easily replaced. Inside the oven there is a special belt which has been patented, this belt allows for reduced energy consumption where as at the exit of the oven there is a belt which joins the oven belt to the other conveyors. This connection is ventilated which allows for the appropriate thermic transition of the pack.
THE FILM CUTTING GROUP
The film reel is electronically controlled and commands both the winding and the stretching of the film in the reel. The cutting group was designed to guarantee maximum operator access.
AUTOMATIC EXTERNAL REEL CHANGEOVER
At the begining of 2010 Acmi officially presented the external reel changeover for its "Fenix" shrinkwrapping line. This system installed for the first time on the "Compact Line", allows the film to be fed to the machine without stopping the machine. The system may be installed also on the shrinkwrappers which where constructed before 2010. Advantages:
- Production with continuous cycle
- Improved safety for the operator (there is no need to work near other mechanical parts)
- Improved access (the operator can intervene keeping a correct posture)
- Improved efficiency and performance